Laser Pigment Pre-treatment and Aftercare Advice
We are committed to providing you with the best treatments for your specific skin type or condition. We always give a full consultation before laser pigment treatment, ensuring you know the full benefits and advantages for you.
Laser Pigment PRE Treatment Advice
4 weeks prior to treatment
– Do not expose the skin to UV or self tan for at least 4 weeks before and/or between IPL treatments
1 week prior to treatment
– Avoid intense exfoliation, microdermabrasion or peels
– Avoid using any form of retinol or AHA’s
24-48 hours prior to treatment
– Do not use bleaching creams or perfumed products
– Make sure area being treated is cleanly shaved 24hours prior to treatment.
– Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before or after treatment.
– Avoid wearing tight clothes when attending treatment sessions
– Hydrate the body by drinking plenty of water.
– Protect the skin from sun exposure with suitable clothing and use sunblock SPF 30+ before first
treatment and between subsequent treatment sessions but do not use sun blocking creams within
24 hours of scheduled treatments.
Laser Pigment POST Treatment Advice
Directly after your treatment the treated area may have white spots covering the Pigment, this is called
‘frosting’ and will subside within the hour.
24-48 hours post treatment
– After 24- 48 hours, the skin over the treated area will look red, blotchy and possibly swollen. There
may be some crusting, and pin point bleeding. The treated area must be treated with care. In the
unusual case of blistering of the skin in the treated area, apply an antiseptic ointment twice a day to
the affected areas. It is normal for the pigmented lesion to darken in colour as it rises to the surface
and crust – Do not pick at these areas, as this may result in infection or scarring.
– Avoid all heat treatments including hot baths, saunas, steam baths and hot showers.
– Avoid swimming in strongly chlorinated water.
– Do not use bleaching creams.
– Avoid perfumed products e.g. soaps, creams or perfumes.
– Leave any temporary skin responses such as redness to subside naturally.
– Do not touch, pick scratch or otherwise irritate the treated area.
72 hours post treatment
– Do not shave the area.
1 week post treatment
– Do not exfoliate the treated area or use any type of exfoliating Retinol or AHA’s.
– Avoid swimming in chlorinated water
2 weeks post treatment
– Avoid any other aesthetic treatment over treated area
– Avoid using self