Laser Pre-treatment and aftercare advice
We are committed to providing you with the best treatments for your specific skin type or condition. We always give a full consultation before laser treatment, ensuring you know the full benefits and advantages for you.
Laser PRE Treatment Advice
6-8 weeks prior to treatment
– No waxing, plucking or threading for at least 8 weeks and/or between treatments.
4 weeks prior to treatment
– Do not expose the skin to UV or self tan for at least 4 weeks before and/or between IPL treatments
– 1 week prior to treatment
– Avoid intense exfoliation, microdermabrasion or peels
24-48 hours prior to treatment
– Do not use bleaching creams or perfumed products
– Make sure area being treated is cleanly shaved 24hours prior to treatment
– Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before or after treatment.
– Avoid wearing tight clothes when attending treatment sessions
– Hydrate the body by drinking plenty of water.
– Protect the skin from sun exposure with suitable clothing and use sun block SPF 30+ before first
treatment and between subsequent treatment sessions but do not use sun blocking creams within
24 hours of scheduled treatments.
Laser POST Treatment Advice
48 hours post treatment
– Avoid all heat treatments including hot baths, saunas, steam baths and hot showers.
– No swimming in strongly chlorinated water.
– Do not use bleaching creams.
– Avoid perfumed products e.g. soaps, creams or perfumes.
– Leave any temporary skin responses such as redness to subside naturally.
– Do not touch, pick scratch or otherwise irritate the treated area.
72 hours post treatment
– Do not shave the area.
1week post treatment
– Do not exfoliate the treated area or use any type of exfoliation peel.
2 weeks post treatment
– Avoid UV exposure
– Do not use self tan
– Avoid waxing, plucking, threading (at all times during a course)
– Avoid depilation creams
– Avoid prolonged outdoor activity that may expose the skin to a lot of wind or sun.
6 weeks post treatment
– Use sun protection SPF30+
– Limit sun exposure and do not use tanning beds.
– Hot and humid conditions can aggravate skin immediately after treatment. Skin cooling can be very
helpful, a cold compress or Aloe Vera gel can improve comfort and reduce any swelling or redness.