Vascular Pre-treatment and Aftercare Advice
We are committed to providing you with the best treatments for your specific skin type or condition. We always give a full consultation before vascular treatment, ensuring you know the full benefits and advantages for you.
Vascular PRE Treatment Advice
4 weeks prior to treatment
– Do not expose the skin to UV or self tan for at least 4 weeks before and/or between IPL Treatments.
1 week prior to treatment
– No waxing, plucking or threading for at least and/or between treatments
– Avoid intense exfoliation, microdermabrasion or peels
– Do not use any form of Retinol or AHA’s
24-48 hours prior to treatment
– Do not use bleaching creams or perfumed products
– Make sure area being treated is cleanly shaved 24hours prior to treatment
– Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before or after treatment.
– Avoid wearing tight clothes when attending treatment sessions
– Hydrate the body by drinking plenty of water.
– Protect the skin from sun exposure with suitable clothing and use sun block SPF 30+ before first treatment
and between subsequent treatment sessions but do not use sun blocking creams within 24 hours of scheduled
Vascular POST Aftercare Advice
48 hours post treatment
– After 48 hours, the skin over the treated veins will look slightly red, purple, or bruised. Sometimes the veins
will be more visible than they were prior to treatment – this is normal. Within the first two to three weeks, the
redness and purple colour will begin to fade.
– Each week, the colour will become lighter and the veins will become less noticeable. After six weeks, if any
veins are still visible, another laser vein removal treatment will be necessary. The treated area must be treated
with care. In the unusual case of crusting or blistering of the skin in the treated area, apply an antibiotic
ointment twice a day to the affected areas. Do not pick at these areas, as this may result in infection or scarring.
– Avoid all heat treatments including hot baths, saunas, steam baths and hot showers.
– No swimming in strongly chlorinated water.
– Do not use bleaching creams.
– Avoid perfumed products e.g. soaps, creams or perfumes.
– Leave any temporary skin responses such as redness to subside naturally.
– Do not touch, pick scratch or otherwise irritate the treated area.
72 hours post treatment
– Do not shave the area.
1 week post treatment
– Do not exfoliate the treated area or use any type of exfoliation peel, retinol and AHA’s
2 weeks post treatment
– Avoid UV exposure
– Do not use self tan
6 weeks post treatment
– Use sun protection SPF30+
– Limit sun exposure and do not use tanning beds.
– If you received laser vein removal treatment to your legs, your clinician will instruct you in resuming your
normal activity level. Often, strenuous activities such as exercise, walking or running may interfere with vessel